How to get ready for a visit from Santa
1) Be sure that camera batteries are charged and cameras have film or videotape /DVDs/CD ready before the visit.
2) Be sure Santa has a parking spot as near as possible to where his appearance will be. Remember that his suit is heavy and warm so if possible a small fan moving air around him would be great and please be sure he is not too near a lit fireplace where it tends to be very warm. Make it a fun thing by maybe putting up a sign that reads, "Reserved for Santa".
3) Please be sure there is a sturdy place for Santa to sit for pictures. Low chairs, soft chairs or folding chairs are not very good for Santa. A solidly built chair with a sturdy back is ideal for Santa to be comfortable and be able to use both knees.
4) Be sure the chair is in a good spot for taking the photos or videos and bring the Holiday feeling to the photos. Perhaps near the tree but with room around the chair for people to stand. Any personal cards or children's drawings etc. add a personality to the photos.
5) Be sure everyone is ready for Santa's arrival. Sometimes Santa is only available for a certain time frame and valuable picture time may be lost if you are not prepared. Santa can call ahead so everyone is ready for him. Be sure someone is outside to greet Santa and help him with filling his bag etc.
6) Have someone who knows the children co-ordinate their visit with Santa so everyone has time to enjoy their visit with Santa. Santa is able to carry in 1 bag of gifts that should be well labeled to who they belong. Write directly on presents so there are no tags to fall off. Once Santa arrives and attention is on him, someone can place other presents near his chair to hand out.
7) Santa can pose in different ways. For example, he can stand with someone who does not want to sit on his lap or a hug for parents and grandparents make for a nice photo. Santa can slowly work with shy children but be aware that some children can be extremely shy or frightened. Rest assured that Santa will try to get you a nice picture.
8) If there is a payment due Santa just put it in a card and tell Santa that it is a card from everyone. It is never appropriate for Santa to take cash.
8) If Mrs. Claus is visiting with Santa she should also have a comfortable and sturdy chair to sit in beside Santa. Remember that she is also there to enhance your photographs and that she is available for photos with Santa or even on her own.
9) Remember that Santa & Mrs. Claus are there to make your Holiday visit memorable. If there is anything special you wish them to do just ask and if at all possible we will try to help with your needs.
10) Santa reserves the right to refuse doing anything he deems inappropriate to the Santa persona.
11) PLEASE NOTE: SANTA & MRS. CLAUS WILL DO EVERYTHING THEY POSSIBLY CAN TO VISIT YOUR HOME OR PARTY BUT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AND TRY TO RESCHEDULE THE VISIT DUE TO POOR WEATHER CONDITIONS OR OTHER UNFORSEEABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING WITH EVERYONE AND LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING THIS CHRISTMAS MEMORABLE